Monday, October 19, 2009

Back From Vacation

We had a wonderful week of vacation up in Northern Italy. We visited Florence, Siena, Pisa, and Venice. Siena and Pisa were just day trips, but we spent 3 days in both Florence and Venice. In Florence we were able to see Michangelo's David, his famous painting of the Holy Family, and the tomb where he is buried. We also climbed to the top of the Duomo for amazing sights over the whole city! There were "must-sees" all over Florence and we really spent a lot of time in churches and museums.

Venice was completely different than anything I have ever seen before! We didn't go to any museums and only visited two churches. We really just walked around and rode the vaporetto boats through the Grand Canal. We took in the sights without actually "doing" anything. We rode so many boats that when I close my eyes, it still feels like I am on a boat swaying back and forth! I will get the photos downloaded and sorted and Paul, Elizabeth, and I will get going on the blog entries.

-Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment