Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Police Cars, Trains, and Buses


Here is a photo of a police car that I took. We saw it near the Colosseum the other day. The emergency vehicles have blue lights on top. I don't know the lady in the picture. She walked in front of my picture.
We have been riding the buses and trains in Rome. This is because I don't like to walk very much and my mom is tired of carrying me all the time. My mom and dad got bus passes and Paul, Elizabeth, and I ride for free.
Some of the buses are very crowded and we have to stand up. One of the first days we rode the bus, we got on the wrong bus by accident. We rode for a long time until the bus stopped. We had to get off and ride the bus back again. My mom was frustrated, but I loved riding the bus!
We have also been riding the tram which is like a train. It takes us across the river. I don't like to get off the train. I want to stay on it.
The police cars make a lot of noise here. The sirens are not the same. They go "wee-waa, wee-waa". (a high tone, then a low tone, repeating) They don't have red lights, only blue ones.
Ciao! -Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment