Saturday, November 21, 2009

An Amazing View Through a Keyhole?

On Monday, Nov. 16 we went for a walk on Aventine Hill. Up on the hill we saw 2 churches. One was called Santa Sabina and the other called San Alessio. Santa Sabina was a very strange church, unlike other churches in Rome. It was very colorless, and plain. The other church, San Alessio, was a standard church full of color and decoration. One of the side chapels contained the stairs that a saint hid underneath to prevent his execution.

In between those 2 churches, we found a nice garden with an amazing view of the city. Here is a video of it and a photo of St. Peters.


But that isn't the best part! As we were walking, (my mom intended for us to see it) we came into a Piazza. In the piazza and there were people staring through a keyhole. It looked kinda funny. Here is a photo.

When I got to look through the hole, do you know what I saw? I saw a path lined with vines and bushes and at the end of the path was St. Peters! The trees made a perfect frame for the dome. I tried to take a picture, but it was too bright. When I took the picture, the flash went off! It turns out that the flash actually made the photo darker. So now I had a really good photo! Here it is:
Cool, huh? A photo through a keyhole!
I'm impressed with the picture myself.
-Paul






No comments:

Post a Comment